Monday, February 8, 2010

Sad

In late November I posted a really nice story about how Toronto Maple Leafs GM, Brian Burke's son, Brendan came out to his family as a homosexual and they fully accepted him. The manly hockey coach said "I hope the day comes, and soon, when this is not a story." Brendan Burke was also spreading acceptance and tolerance in the sports world as he played University hockey.

21 year old Brendan was killed in a car accident on Friday. His funeral is tomorrow in Indian This is sad. The world lost someone who could have been a strong voice for equal rights. I am a huge supporter for equal rights, whether race, sexuality, religion or gender. This should not be an issue anywhere in the world in 2010.

Here is the original post and the really nice story. And here is some info on the recent events.

So sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a good book to help me get through my diet. In the end I googled it and found this site http://www.hungryforweightloss.com.

They are giving away a free ebook called "365 tips for healthy living". I didn't expect it to be any good because it's free but it's actually brilliant so I thought i'd share it here :)