Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Fabulous Flay


She is one of my favourite people in the whole world. About a year and a half ago I met a new co-worker after I got a promotion and got moved downtown early. Flay joined my team and sadly had to leave when the mat leave she was covering came back. 2 people have now had Flay's job and tell them both to their faces they are no Flay.

Here is just scratching the surface of why I love this lady:

1) She is Fabulous. Anybody who gets an adjective like that in front of their name on our second meeting is someone I like. I heard from other co-workers why they didn't get a nickname. Not everyone can be Fabulous.
2) She loves Tim Hortons for breakfast. Me too. We used to always go and see Belt Bagel. The girl who call out all the BELT sandwhiches like that. Fact of the matter is all belts come on bagels. She should have been saying bacon or sausage. But she was too scary to tell.
3) She is the most excitable person I know. Famous for squealing (even in email as EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!) and arm squeezes (please see pic above.)
4) We often distrubbed the whole first floor by laughing. My loud annoying laugh, followed by Flay's "I'm dying. I'm dying." Then doors on the floor would slam.
5) Fellow maritiner, Margot has nicknamed her "Flava Flay" and it stuck as it should.
6) She is the friendliest person I know. I love the way her face lights up followed by running hugs when she sees me. All my friends love them some Flay too.
7) Power tools during construction make her scream. It's funny to see.
8) She loves snuggies and informercials and does good imitations of the young ghetto mom who says on the TBS commercial "I had kid's young too you know!"
9) She is a good person to talk to. Famous for saying "What! Okay, Can we talk about this."
10) She is a causal commercial actress. Check out this month pushing Rogers and Petfood.
11) She will also come out with me anywhere. She is one trooper.

The list goes on and on.
Happy Birthday Flava Flay! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Arm Squeeze. We dance Saturday.
xo

No comments: