Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Torch Day

The Olympic torch will be making it's way through Toronto tomorrow. The last time I saw the torch was when my beautiful Aunt Sue was a torch bearer for the Calgary 1988 Olympics in Simcoe, Ontario. I was only 6 and still remember going to the parade to see her run. It was amazing. That was the day I fell in love with the Olympics. From now on I am incommunicable for 2 weeks every 2 years. My dad used to say watching so much TV would make my eyes go square (the shape of the TV.) I always thought it was research for a dream career down the bend.

It's all paid off now. I work in TV and will be participating in the coverage of the Olympic Games. My parents should be happy they gave me a TV for my bedroom for my 11th birthday. It was a research tool. They also thought the studio tour last week was pretty cool at my work. I am happy they got to see it and that I got to show them my work. Deal Sealer. It's like 30 Rock's Deal Breaker but better.

Here a photo of my Aunt Sue celebrating her 40th Anniversary with her husband Mike, My dad's first younger brother. He looks like my dad although tall and thin. I tried to find a photo of Aunt Sue carrying the torch but sadly couldn't.

Happy Torch Day Everyone. This brings back nice memories.

No comments: