Monday, December 1, 2008

What the heck is going on

I'm the first to admit that I am generally confused but pretty much everything. I have done some research about the coalition government business going on right now. I didn't really understand what was going on. Now I now. Here is what I know in fourth grade language as always:

- The Liberals, NDP and the Bloc have agreed to a coalition government which Stephan Dion being the leader. Dion has told Governor General Micahelle John that he has the confidence of the house to oust the Tories.

- The Governor General would then have 2 choices sending Canadians to polls or letting the Coalition to take over.

- Prime Minister Stephen Harper's only option is to ask the Governor General to prorogue Parliament, essentially delaying his potential defeat until January.

Who would have thought their would be a coup in Canada? I don't drop the F-bomb on the blog so all I can say is that this shit is whack. I don't even know what to think. Although I am for anyone who is not a Conservative or a Bloq I find the coalition to be a problematic but I guess we will see.

What strange and actually interesting times for once in Canadian Politics.

No comments: