Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Egg nog virgin no more

I had egg nog for the first time today. I have been scared to try it the past 27 Christmases. It sounds gross and then I looked up what it was and then I was even more disgusted.

Definition: egg nog, is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture) and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg.

a) I don't like raw eggs. They can give you salmonella. It's only worth it if it's raw cookie dough.
b) I don't like either nutmeg or cinnamon.
c) I avoid most fatty foods such as cream (when not iced)

But then I found out it was spiked with rum so I had a glass and all the above rules flew out the window.

"Tis the season I guess. There was also ginger bread cookies. I love them. Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel better salmonella apparently actually lives on the outside of the egg shell. So as long as you get no shell in the egg you are good!
Katie