Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change is good

Tonight was amazing. Finally election results go the way I want to but unfortunately it was in a different country but still amazing. I don't know what it is about Barack Obama but when he talks I listen. Usually I am all "blah, blah, blah" after a few minutes when people talk to me. He makes me listen. He is a special person that the states need right now.

I even teared up a bit but that is no surprise. I always do. The Olympics, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, the news. They all cause tearing up. Even movie credits at film premieres. I put myself in the people's shoes who are seeing their names on screen. Could you imagine your name on the big screen? Amazing.

The tearing up I get from my Dad's dad, he was a crier, so I'm I. I don't sob I only silently sit and quiet drops fall from my eyes.

The worst for this was watching Oprah's Big Give last season. That show caused dehydration to my entire body but it was so awesome and so nice. I was inspired by it to help others for the rest of my life. Oprah loves Obama, they both make me cry, it all makes sense.

It is also heart breaking that Obama's grandma who raised him from nothing died the day before he became President and inspired a country so in need of leadership and motivation. She just missed it by hours.

Although change is good. Some change is not. Arizona, Florida and California all had props to ban gay marriage. It looks like the Yes-Bans all won. This is not cool. I have been a supporter of equality since I was very young. I remember as a young boy in small town Ontario telling neighbours not to call my friends who were African Canadians Negros. Also any state that would give a gay man the right to bridal registry and then take it away is not very nice

No comments: