Friday, October 31, 2008
Mya Pussy got into the spirit. I didn't get her a costume so I just wrapped my cousin Rosemary's wedding garter that I caught around her neck. Maybe she will have more luck with it. I thought she looked funny so we posed for a pic.
Here is a better solo shot of pussy.
Another good thing about halloween? 50% halloween candy on November 1st. Ya Bitches!
And now I become Napoleon...
It gets really good around 1:30. After the spinning Cloris Leechman seems disoriented, lost, scared and I think she may have soiled herself.
Corky should have just left her alone. I don't think she wanted to spin.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Yep, so not a fan of devil's night or tomfoolery. Well minor tomfoolery is okay on weekends. Once in second year we had no toilet paper so I stole a big toilet paper from Jack Astor's in Waterloo. I am not a stealer by choice but the roommate whose turn it was for toilet paper wasn't having any of it. One of my many roommates thought it would be cool if he filled a garbage bag with the toilet paper and then set it on fire in the middle of a residential street. I walked away as soon as the bag went up in flames. No way I would be caught by the cops in front of a burning bag of toliet paper which would my finger prints all over it.
Because I don't do well with breaking rules I walked down the street that the bag was lit on fire for a week afterwards to make sure it didn't burn down someone's house killing an entire family. Yes, I am crazy. I didn't sleep that night as well. Now that my friends is one example of why I love rules and love to follow them.
So far the neighbourhood seems devil's night free. Maybe since it's Toronto every night is devil's night. Who knows.
I am being Christopher Reeve but in Clark Kent style so I will have a button up shirt over the T-Shirt. The 'S' will peek through just enough so people will get it.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Stay tuned, my new living room is awesome and well be displayed soon. I'll also be busting out the moves online sooner than later.
I always make the visionly challenged tilt their glasses slightly to beat the glare. Looky here.
Before (I am watching the Colbert Report, see it in the background. Steven Colbert kills me.)
After (Post tip)
See a little tip does a body good.
Believe me though since the weather has gotten colder I can tell when the fly is wide open. Believe me.
Also I have noticed that unbenounced to me I have walked home all 3 times this week with my work bag completely opened. It contains my 2 cell phones, metro pass, wallet, my access cards to 2 of work's buildings, gum and chap stick. It has been flopping around during my 45 minute walks home and nothing has gone missing. Thanks Toronto for not stealing my shit. I have made a mental note to be more careful in the future.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Since my workout ended before the reel was done it only meant one thing. Dance Party! Fun, fun, fun!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Last night in Toronto an innocent 23 year old female was killed when hit by a bullet as she was leaving a pub as a gun fight erupted on the street outside. I hate violence and I hate guns. People need to chill out. It's so nice to be nice. Everyone should give it a try. So sad.
I am also going to develop a list of my favourite 15 things. I will post it soon.
Until today I used to roll my fitted sheets into a ball. Not ideal I know but it used to be ridicuosly annoying trying to fold them until now.
Big up to elastics!
No Frills is having a half price sale this week. A pound of spring mix lettuce is only $2.50. 1L of milk is only 99 cents. Ah Caramels which I haven't had since grade school lunches were cheap to. I can't remember how much. Mark tip: Put these in the freezer.
Lot's more. Check it out.
Just a note about big and tall stores. Why does tall have to be included with big? I am tall but I am most certainly not big. I would love to find a tall and skinny store. Now that would be fun. None the less they sell socks size 13 and above which is key.
My job got in the way of my model runway walk lesson on Friday. A co-worker did give me a brief lesson and it was determined that I was not a model. I can't do a sultry face. I just giggled the whole time.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
My single grey eyebrow has made a re-appearence. I can't wait until my salt and pepper sexy days. I think it will happen in the next 5 years. With the amount of stress and worry I subject my body too it is only a matter of time.
I will post a pic tomorrow. It's not letting me do so tonight.
To make matters worse I fell walking up the stairs hands first into his mysterious garbage water which he decided to not clean up. So gross. My hands have been thoroughly cleansed. The next time I see my super he will get a glare single grey eyebrow hair and all as a talking too.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Here we go:
- Cold and flu season will soon be upon us. Don't forget to practice proper hand washing and be mindful not to touch your mucous membranes.
- Tonight I made yummy sloppy joe's. I got the recipe off the back of a box of Uncle Ben's Stuff n Such. At first I was hesitant as I don't usually like to mix my meats but I decided to live a little and try it. It was very good. I had left over wraps so I ate it burrito style.
- Between Friends, the daily comic strip is really heating up. So Maeve is trying to get her friend, Kim out of a bad relationship with Jake. The last few weeks Maeve and Kim have been sitting on a bench discussing. We found out that Kim fell down the stairs years ago while pregnant and miscarried. Jake blamed Kim for being clumsy. This is the stuff you want to read in a morning comic, right? I'm surprised the comic has been going for 14 years. Well Jake met up with Kim and Maeve. Jake was mean and Maeve called him out. Now he is probably going to break more of her jewelry.
- Tonight was a very satisfying cleaning night with lots of good solid cleaning and of course dancing, I had to find some new music for a video presentation I am working on. Good Times.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Here are a few things thoughts. (I could have said random thoughts, but a few years ago I removed random from my vocabulary once it became cool to describe people, situations and things as random. I never liked that.)
- The Sarah Silverman Program's new season premieres Tuesday at 10 on The Comedy Network. I will be watching.
- I am shipping my iMac back tomorrow morning, no word on the free iPod Touch yet.
- There could be some snow tomorrow. It's way to early. I doubt it will stay if it comes. But here is a tip, get prepared early. You never know and the malls get crazy during the first snow storm. Also if you don't have your Halloween Costume yet, you're going to want to have that in order by this weekend. Trust me. I am going to a post Halloween Party where you have to be a dead celebrity. I was told Heath Ledger was too recent so I am going as Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent (post accident if I can make it happen.)
- If you haven't been reading the comic strip Between Friends these days. It's pretty juicy and not that funny. There is this lady (I forget her name) she is in a bad relationship with a guy whose name I also forget. He doesn't hit her or anything but he gets angry we find out through a chat with the lady's friend who I think is Maeve. Tomorrow I will confirm names and tell you more of the back story. It's the weirdest comic ever but I am obsessed with it.
- Always watch for kids behind your cars. In Toronto today a man backed over his 2 year old son, who later died in hospital. This is so awful and so sad. Experts today are saying that you should even walk around your car before getting in it to check. I can't imagine what the father is going through. So sad.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
The Lewiston, Maine native's newest album is out now. It's awesome if you like folk, rock and by awesome I mean super awesome.
Here is he's myspace
Although my apartment has a lot of character, it's very old, mice ocassionally come in becuase of it. I hate mice. But I don't like to kill them. Once I let mouse number out in a snow storm. I felt bad but I didn't want it in apartment for for Mya to rip it open.
Heavy vaccuuming and carpet shampooing is in my near future. So gross.
Then as I head for the stairs I hear "Mark Craig" which Jizelle always referred to me as. Always first and last name. "Do you ride home tonight Mark Craig?" "How are you Mark Craig?"
I turn around and realize that I had just royally dissed a fun past co-worker. I felt bad but she got over it quickly. I questioned her shoving a book in my face. She also had different hair, was dressed up and in full make-up. So I don't feel all that bad. We are going to meet up for drinks.
I was walking down Bloor Street doing some shopping. When I got to Avenue Road Police were there and they stopped all traffic in both directions. All of a sudden two cops cars came speeding out of the Four Seasons followed by 2 black SVUs (maybe Excalades, I am not really a car person so I don't know.) Followed by 2 more cop cars all with sirens on.
Some old crazy broad was all like "That's Madonna I saw her blonde curly hair." I saw the hair too. Then one of the paid duty officers confirmed that yes it was Madonna and that she is staying at the Four Seasons. Then once the crazy lady got her confirmation she started jumping in the streets being all like "I knew it, I knew it. Then she looked at me and was pointing and said "You're real cool, dude, real cool dude." I was doing nothing cool at the time and I am not sure where that came from. I just turned my iPod up higher and ignored her. She was annoying.
Madonna is lucky I love her as once I was stopped by a government police convey and I was not as accepting. Is it really necessary though for the traffic to stop for Madonna? The last cop was driving so recklessly that he ran into 2 of those orange and black striped construction pylons even bashing one into another cop.
I didn't go to see Madonna. I knew bed and iMac purchases were coming and with cheap seats going for over $100 I had to draw the line.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I said "Whoa! It would be so much fun to wrestle the parrot." That is what made the old lady laugh.
Who needs a stuff parrot that big. Where do you keep it? Where did it come from? If only the people who owned it spoke English I would have asked.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
#1 – cleaning day is Tuesday. Don’t ask to make plans. It won’t happen.
#2 – caffeine and Mark don’t mix.
Also, he enjoys a little ass pinching every once in a while!
Today was the day I took the morning off in anticipation for my big iMac to arrive. Boy, was I ever excited when Mike from Fed-Ex called and said he was outside with my package. Carried my large box up the flight of stairs to my pad. I opened the box, pulled out my hot, sexy, sleek 24 inch new iMac and noticed that my finger had been cut open. I look at the screen and it looks like someone had shot it. It was broken into a lot of little pieces which had been stuck in place by the protective coating.
I called Apple and after talking to thier people for an hour. I was told thier would sent me a replacement. Do you how draining it is to be on the phone with Apple people for an hour. If you have ever been to an Apple store you know that Apple people are thier own species. It's like they hire only geeks, nerds or dwebs (in that order.)
This whole situation left me mildly annoyed so I walked to work and treated myself to Lettuce Eatery for lunch. I'm going to email Apple and ask for an Ipod for my troubles (Thanks for the idea Marcia) I will post an update.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sometimes the ladies buy me things that they know will improve my life. A few months back they got me socks monogrammed with the days of the week on them. That is so me.
Taking photos of yourself for a blog on election night to make it more interesting is a good thing. Doesn't Elizabeth May kind of seem like the relative who you don't want to hang out with a bbq when she is drunk. Annoying! Also, I am thankful that it looks like Dion is on his way out of the Liberal top spot. So thanks to all the conservatives supporters out there. When your grandkids can't breathe the air outside, you can thank yourselves.
Here is a look at what you see if you go, they are amazing.
Monday, October 13, 2008
If you don't like returning your empties you should seperate them from your blue box recycling and let the bums and old asian ladies with the grandma carts fight over them.
Trump your rump, Buy the Charmin! You will be happy you did!
K-OS, Sarah Harmer and The lead singer from Billy Talent among other Canadian talent have recorded this song to encourage people to not vote Conservative.
Click here to find out who you should vote for in your riding if you don't want Stephen Harper as PM.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Like I do with all other family memebers here are some of the reasons I love these ladies
1) She gave birth to me. Although I was 7 weeks early so I probably just slid right out.
2) She makes really good food.
3) She still loves me even after I barfed all over her new couch and got blood from a druken split open chin all over the house in my (late) 20s.
4) She is a fabulous baker.
5) She likes reality TV, I love reality TV.
6) She's dutch, If you're not dutch, you're not much!
7) She is all-round nice.
8) She likes wine, I love wine!
9) She is a good steamstress and stain remover.
10) She is a good mom.
1) She lives in B.C., I love visiting.
2) She makes nice jewelery. If only I was a tattoo person, she could give me one of those too.
3) She loves nature, I love nature.
4) She gave me a nephew, Aven. That's fun!
5) She paved the way for me to test my parent's rules, then I plowed through.
6) Before Aven was always around to hear about my post 2am drunken exploits. B.C. time!
7) She likes my jokes, that's fun
8) She loves tacos, me too!
9) She still loves Survivor, as do I! Sadly, I think we are the only ones.
10) She has 2 of my 3 favourite dogs, woof woof.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Today I was in your establishment at Queen and John Streets in Toronto. While waiting in the very long line I grew tired. I leaned on a sign promoting hot chocolate. The sign was hanging by 2 ribbon like structures and the frame was cardboard like a box. Once I leaned on the sign it fell off the ribbon attachments and fell on my foot. Don't worry, it didn't hurt me and I am not going to sue. When a co-worker informed your staff about the falling sign one worker was all "Oh, okay." The girl on cash was all "Besides a broken foot what else are we having." I could have been seriously injuired and we didn't even get a free coupon for a free tea. Please in the future make your signs leanable. It would be appreciated.
Also while I am writing to you I would like to tell you about a time about a year ago at the College and University Starbucks. I went there with a friend and ordered 2 ice grande green tea. I was charged for 2 ice tea lemonades. I told the clerk that I was over charged and then she gave me 2 coupons for free drinks. I requested my change instead of the coupons. I was told this was not possible. Then I declared "I want my change!" The cashier then took it out of the tip cup and gave me $2.50 in nickels, dimes and pennys.
That's all I have to say, other than the fact that David's Tea on Queen Street West is delicious.
I got the kid's to bed for the first time ever with very few problems. Ben fought at first but when down after about 20 minutes. Once the kid's went to bed I watched my beloved Tina Fey in Baby Momma. After that Saved! was on IFC. I love that movie.
I would've taken pictures of my adventures but I didn't want to get the boys all hyper before bed. You know with the flash and all.
It will be fun to be a father soon, well, within the next 8 years. I am not quite down partying yet.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
News cameras have caught rats 2 days in a row at the Happy Seven Chinese Restaurant. Even grosser Toronto Public Health gave the restaurant a full pass on October 2, less than a week before the rats were found. It makes me question the whole pass thing.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
- A new poll for the federal election shows the Conservatives lead is slipping, they are now at 31%, the Liberals have increased to 27% and the NDP have slipped slightly to 20%. It may actually be more of a horse race then earlier predicted. Sadly, it is still no where close to being as interested as the U.S. election race.
- The Green Party has unveiled a new crop of commercials with leader Elizabeth May on a train. She is travelling the country by train instead of bus or plane like the other leaders. I know the green party doesn't have a lot of money but these spots are poorly produced. The rule when shooting an interview is to always ensure you have the eyes of the interviewee in shot. We almost get 2 eyes here but we get a lot of the side of her face. Also on SD TV the super with May's name in the lower corner is out of title safe. Meaning it is slightly cut off. The lighting is also poor. Shooting into a window is also not the best idea, if you are not properly prepared to deal with the elements as May is lost in darkness near the end.
- So You Think You Can Dance Canada had their first voting show tonight. Man, these dancers give me a run for the money. I'm thinking I will pick Vincent, Lisa and Jesse in our work pool. The quality of the production of the show is amazing. The Green Party could take some pointers.
- I bought a new iMac yesterday, it should be here in a week or 2. Then watch out. The blogging and video dancing will be fierce and non stop.
- Oh ya, I changed the header again, slightly. Now I'm happy with it.
Okay I guess I had some things to say.